Jim Kalbach shares insights from jazz into collaboration, how experience maps help us navigate design, and why Jobs To Be Done deserves our attention.
- Why do we confuse ideas with innovation?
- What does it mean to have ‘big ears’ and how is that useful?
- How do you manage challenges to your recommendations?
- What gets in the way of effective collaboration?
- How can Jobs To Be Done help to find the right problems to fix?
Who is Jim Kalbach?
Jim is the Chief Evangelist and VP of Customer Experience at MURAL, the world’s leading digital whiteboard.
Prior to joining MURAL, Jim was a Principal UX Consultant at Citrix Online, and he has also worked in numerous consulting roles for other large companies such, as eBay, SONY, LexisNexis and Razorfish Germany.
Somehow, on top of all this, Jim found the time to write three critically acclaimed books: The first, Designing Web Navigation, was published in 2007, followed by Mapping Experiences in 2016 and, most recently, The Jobs To Be Done Playbook in 2020.
While working in Europe, where he spent the first 15 years of his career, Jim co-founded the popular European Information Architecture conferences as well as the leading UX event in Germany - the IA Konferenz.
He has also previously served on the advisory board of the Information Architecture Institute and as an editor for Boxes and Arrows, the popular online journal for user experience, and has graced the stage at TedX, UX Brighton, Enterprise UX, and UX STRAT.
Find Jim here:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kalbach/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/jimkalbach
- Website: https://experiencinginformation.com/
- The Jobs To Be Done Playbook: Align Your Markets, Organization, and Strategy Around Customer Needs -
- Mapping Experiences: A Complete Guide to Creating Value through Journeys, Blueprints, and Diagrams -
- Designing Web Navigation: Optimizing the User Experience -
Liked what you heard and want to hear more? Subscribe and support the show by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts (or wherever you listen).
Follow us on our other social channels for more great Brave UX content!
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/TheSpaceInBetween/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-space-in-between/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thespaceinbetw__n/
Hosted by Brendan Jarvis:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brendanjarvis/
- Website: https://thespaceinbetween.co.nz/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/brendanjarvis/
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.