Mike Monteiro sets fire to design orthodoxy, tech overlords, and his own Portuguese American history in this delightfully dark conversation.
- Why is it important to re-examine your beliefs?
- Why do you have nothing further to tell people?
- What shocked you about your Portuguese heritage?
- How is unionisation a positive thing for tech workers?
- Why do you want some people who listen to you to get angry?
Who is Mike Monteiro?
Mike is the Design Director of Mule Design, the outspoken, outstanding, and slightly outrageous design consultancy that he co-founded with Erika Hall 21 years ago.
During that time, Mike has made an outsized contribution to the field of design. He is the Co-Host the Voice of Design podcast and has authored several books, including “You’re My Favourite Client”, “Ruined By Design”, and “Design Is a Job” - which is now in its 2nd edition!
With a unmissable emphasis on ethics, Mike pulls-no-punches as he singles out the failings of design and the industries that employ it, while also illuminating the opportunities and challenges we face - as designers - to right the ship.
His talks, like “How Designers Destroyed the World”, “How to Fight Fascism”, “My People Were In Shipping” and “Let’s Destroy Silicon Valley” have raised more than a few eyebrows, heart rates and figurative pitch forks.
Liked what you heard and want to hear more? Subscribe and support the show by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts (or wherever you listen).
Follow us on our other social channels for more great Brave UX content!
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/TheSpaceInBetween/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-space-in-between/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thespaceinbetw__n/
Hosted by Brendan Jarvis:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brendanjarvis/
- Website: https://thespaceinbetween.co.nz/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/brendanjarvis/
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.